With changing seasons come different cravings and dishes, so as we farewell summer it’s time to start cooking more wholesome autumn meals. Make the most of the recipes below and Butcherman’s online meat selection and you’ll have some delicious autumn dinners!
Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 600grams chicken thigh, cut into 2cm pieces (available from Butcherman online meat store)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced (available from Butcherman online meat store)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 bunch parsley leaves, to serve
- Combine the chicken stock, white wine and saffron threads in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or paella pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the plate.
- Add the onion and capsicum to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the tomato and paprika and continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute. Return the chorizo and chicken and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle over the rice and pour over the chicken stock mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Scatter the peas over the rice and cook covered for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Lamb Fig and Almond Tagine
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 1.5kg butterfly lamb leg, cut into 3cm pieces (available from Butcherman online meat store)
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 250g packet of figs (can use prunes or dates instead)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the almonds on a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof tagine over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute or until soft. Add cinnamon, cumin, paprika and saffron and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the lamb and toss to coat. Add stock and water and bring to the boil before reducing the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender.
- Stir in the figs and honey and continue cooking uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the figs are plump and the liquid reduces and thickens slightly.
- Top with almonds and coriander to serve.
With these delicious recipes you’re ready embrace the autumn weather with some warm and hearty meals. If you’re taking the time to cook such yummy dishes, be sure to enjoy the best quality meat from Butcherman’s online meat store! Not only is our meat fresh and tender, but you’ll love the convenience of having your online meat order delivered to your door!
These recipes are courtesy of Taste.com.au