Cheap and Easy Recipes
Are you after some cheap recipes? Cooking dinner can be expensive, so we’ve put together a few recipes for when you’re cooking on a budget. These easy recipes will save you time and money while still tasting delicious!
Warm Chicken Pasta Salad
Of all the cheap recipes out there, this pasta tastes delicious and takes under 20minutes!
Ingredients (to serve 4)
- 375g dried rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g semi-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 300ml pure cream
- 50g baby rocket
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, and follow packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened. Add garlic, tomatoes and chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place pasta, chicken and rocket in a bowl. Add onion mixture and toss to combine.
Teriyaki Beef with Soba Noodles
One of the best cheap and easy recipes we have found.
Ingredients (to serve 4)
- 270g packet soba noodles
- 600g beef stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1.5 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add 4 teaspoons of oil. Add the beef and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until sealed. Transfer beef to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Add ginger and onion. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Return beef and juices to wok. Add sauce and noodles. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in beansprouts before serving.
So there you have two easy recipes! When you’re next cooking for friends or family on a budget, try out one of these cheap recipes. Both full in flavour, these inexpensive dishes are sure to satisfy the crowd. And the best bit is you should be able to buy the ingredients for these easy recipes at almost any small supermarket.
These cheap recipes are compliments of Taste.