Chicken Soup Recipes Part 1
We’re sure that you’ll agree there is nothing more comforting than a tasty warm soup during winter! As far as we’re concerned, when the temperature drops it’s time to pull out some chicken soup recipes. Chicken soup has got to be one of our favourites, as the chicken helps to fill you up and it’s also extremely great to freeze for left over lunches or dinners. We have lots of chicken soup recipes that we just love but this one is our absolute favourite so we thought we’d share it with you on this cold winter’s day. Just note that this chicken soup recipe is slightly spicy, so if you don’t like chilli it’s probably best to leave it out.
Chicken Dumplings in Chilli and Ginger Soup
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 3 single chicken breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 small fresh red chilli, coarsely chopped
- 6cm-piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 large fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, leaves separated
- Prepare the noodles following the packet directions or until they are tender. Once done, remove and drain.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken, egg white, chopped chilli and 1 tablespoon of ginger into the bowl of a food processor and process ingredients until just combined.
- Use wet hands to roll 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture into a ball. Repeat with the remaining chicken mixture until you have you chicken dumplings.
- Place the stock, lime juice, kecap manis, sliced chilli, sherry and remaining ginger in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add the chicken balls and cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the pak choy to the pan and cook for another 30 seconds or until the pak choy has wilted.
- Serve noodles with dumplings and soup.
As you can see, this recipe is simple and easy, taking very little time at all. It does however call for a considerable amount of chilli, so be sure to vary this according to your liking. It really is one of our favourite chicken soup recipes, so we hope you enjoy it!
** Today’s chicken soup recipe is courtesy of Taste.com.au