Chicken Thigh Marinades
We’ve discussed all the great benefits of The Chicken Thigh in our previous post, so now it’s time to dress it up with some delicious marinades!
Mmmm…. You’ll be satisfied with whichever recipe you choose!
Knox’s Dry Rub Marinade
- 2 Tablespoons Knox’s dry rub
- 1 cup orange juice
- Juice of a lime
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
Mix together lemon zest, juice, cilantro and salt. Place chicken and marinade in zip lock bag and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cooking.
Habanero and chive
- 1 stick of butter – soft
- 1 Habanero pepper, minced
- 1 bunch of chives – chopped small
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mix habanero, chives and salt into soft butter. Place chicken thigh and marinade in zip lock bag to marinate in refrigerator OR baste on chicken while cooking.
Roasted chili rub
- 4 roasted ancho peppers – ground into a powder
- 1 dry chipotle – roasted and ground into a powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
Mix everything together and rub into chicken. This can also be whipped into a soft butter and used as a paste while grilling chicken thigh.
Recipes courtnesy of www.knoxspice.com