Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken curry dishes are satisfying meals that make delicious dinners for any night of the week. Within a half hour, you can give your family a meal that they will surely enjoy. A classic and flavourful chicken curry dish is coconut chicken curry. With bold flavours this dish will add excitement to the table. Try it tonight and discover how you can make a delicious and exotic tasting dinner in just 30 minutes.
Coconut chicken curry is a delicious meal (serves four)
- 750 g chicken thighs cut into thirds
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 brown onion cut into wedges
- 1 small deseeded red chilli sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 15 fresh curry leaves
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 lemon grass stem sliced thin
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Jasmine rice
- In a large frying pan or wok, add a tablespoon of oil and place heat on high.
- Add half of the cut chicken and cook til browned.
- Place cooked chicken on a plate and cook the other half of your chicken.
- After chicken is cooked, use another tablespoon of oil to your pan and mix the curry paste, onion, garlic, turmeric, chilli and lemongrass.
- Stir ingredients for a about a minute.
- Mix in the coconut milk and curry leaves until boiling.
- Add cooked chicken to the pan and let cook with ingredients for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook rice.
- Add coriander leaves and squeeze lime juice.
- Serve curry over rice and top with coriander springs if desired.
- Enjoy this flavourful meal with family or friends and experience a unique and bold flavour.