Cooking Curried Sausages
Curried sausages is a very straightforward meal. It is in this simplicity, however, where the curried sausages recipe actually shines.
Quick and Easy
Want a satisfying meal but can’t be bothered with complicated recipes? Cooking curried sausages will help you get through another mealtime deliciously and effortlessly. If you’re not a fan of long cooking times, elaborate slices and preparation or you simply don’t have the free time at the moment, then cooking curried sausages is the answer to your culinary problems.
Mix ‘em Up
Okay, so you’ve tried this simple dish already and you love it. But after cooking and serving your favourite curried sausages recipe week in and week out, it’s starting to taste a little boring. Well, why not mix things up by changing your ingredients? Try different sausages such as pork, beef and chicken. Substitute other ingredients. Add some more spice to your already spicy fare. With curried sausages, your imagination is the limit.
Simple Curried Sausages Recipe
- 1 kilogram beef sausages, thick
- 60 grams of butter
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 small onions
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 small apple, chopped into fine bits
- 2 ½ cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Prick sausages with a fork to help it cook and place in a saucepan.
- Cover sausages with cold water.
- Add vinegar.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer for about ten minutes.
- Drain, let cool and then remove the skins from the sausages.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Fry onions, apple and curry powder in the melted butter.
- Cook, stirring until the onions are soft.
- Add stock, boil and continue to stir.
- Next, add the sausages and simmer for another ten minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with the 1 tablespoon of water.
- Stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve, preferably with rice.
Curried sausages with potatoes and herbs
- Half a kilogram of thick beef sausages
- 1 large onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Mixed herbs, for seasoning
- Prepare the potatoes and the onion by cutting these into wedges.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, boil sausages until cooked.
- Take the sausages from the pan and then put the liquid into another container.
- In the same saucepan sauté the onion until translucent and soft.
- Add curry powder and flour.
- Stir until mixture is combined well.
- Add the liquid, sausages and some mixed herbs.
- Simmer over medium to low heat for about half an hour, or until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Add some more cornflour if sauce still isn’t thick enough for your taste.
- Serve with rice.
We at Butcherman hope that you enjoyed these tips.