Cooking a Simple Pork Roast
If you’re unsure of how to cook roast pork, don’t stress because it’s super easy! There’s no need to leave pork to the restaurants and experts – it’s time to try making your own roast pork for dinner. Here are our simple steps for how to cook roast pork, including roast pork cooking time, temperature and seasoning. This recipe is for a 2kg boned loin of pork.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Use a sharp knife to score the pork skin at 1cm intervals. Tie the pork loin with string to secure before cooking.
- Mix together two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of rosemary and thyme, and one teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the pork roast.
- Place the roast, fat side up, in a roasting pan and cook for roughly 35 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees Celsius and continue cooking the pork for 35 minutes.
- Add any fruit or vegetables you would like. We recommend apples that are seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook the pork and apples for another 25 to 35 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Remove the pork from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
So there you have our quick and easy method for how to cook roast pork. As you’ve seen, the roast pork cooking time is fairly long, taking around an hour and a half to two hours. So the main thing to remember when you’re planning to make roast pork is to leave ample time for the dinner to cook. Other than that, roast pork is easy as pie!
We at Butcherman hope that you enjoyed this tip.
Buy Online Sydney’s Finest Quality Pork & Pork Loins