Cooking Wagyu Beef
If you haven’t tried Wagyu Beef, then you must! This delicious type of meat is full in flavour and truly delectable when cooked properly. Known as a gourmet meat, many people assume that Wagyu is too difficult to cook at home, and instead leave it to restaurant dining. This however is far from true! To get you started, here is a Wagyu Beef recipe that is both quick and easy to prepare.
Chargrilled Wagyu Sirloin with Jerusalem Artichokes and Herb Hollandaise
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 12 Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- 4 Wagyu Sirloin portions
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 8 white peppercorns, crushed
- 2 egg yolks
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 sprig French tarragon, leaves finely chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley, leaves finely chopped
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- To make hollandaise, place the vinegar and peppercorns in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until reduced. Strain the mixture and discard any solids.
- Pour 1 cup of olive oil into a saucepan and cook over low heat until warm.
- Place egg yolks, strained vinegar mixture and 2 tablespoons of water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk over until the mixture has tripled in volume.
- Continue whisking while you slowly pour the warm oil into the egg mixture. Keep whisking until emulsified and then remove from heat.
- Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper to meet your liking.
- Cover to keep warm, and stir in lemon juice and herbs just before serving.
- Drizzle artichokes with olive oil in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cut in half just before serving.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush the Waygu Beef with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Barbecue for 5 minutes on each side for medium rare and remove from heat. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice beef into 3cm slices and serve with hollandaise and artichokes.
So there you have a simple and delectable Wagyu Beef recipe! There’s no need to leave Wagyu to the restaurant experts. We promise if you make this Wagyu Beef for your family or friends, they’ll love you for it!
This Wagyu Beef recipe is courtesy of NineMSN Food.