Delicious Beef Casserole
A delicious casserole can be the perfect home-cooked meal! If you have time to leave a casserole cooking for a while, then the meat should be tender and juicy, almost melting in your mouth. Here is one of our favourite casserole recipes to try!
Beef Casserole with Parmesan Dumplings
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 1kg diced beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 bacon rashes, chopped
- 500g cup mushrooms, halved
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 bay leaves
- 50g butter
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 3/4 cup milk
- Place the diced beef into a pan over medium heat with the olive oil. Cook until browned and then transfer the meat to a plate.
- Add the onion, bacon, mushrooms, and peeled garlic cloves to the pan and cook until soft.
- Stir in the plain flour and add the beef stock, wine, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a low heat before adding the beef.
- Simmer, covered, for 1½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Rub the butter into the self-raising flour and then stir in the parmesan and milk.
- Combine ingredients well and then roll into 20 balls.
- Pour the beef mixture into a large ovenproof dish and cover with parmesan balls.
- Bake for 20minutes.
So there you have one of our favourite beef casserole dishes! The parmesan dumplings give this delicious home-cooked meal an extra kick of flavour that you’re sure to love. Make this recipe for your family as the cool autumn weather sets in, and you won’t have a scrap left over!
Today’s casserole recipe is courtesy of Taste.com.au