Delicious Easter Roast
It’s almost time for the Easter long weekend and that means lots of time for cooking! What better occasion could there be to cook a delicious roast lamb? We can’t wait to enjoy this recipe for Greek Lamb, using an array of flavoursome ingredients such as paprika and oregano. There’s no better way to welcome your family than with the irresistible smell of roast lamb in the oven!
Greek Lamb with Feta and Potatoes
Ingredients (to serve 6)
- 1.6kg leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 lemon juiced
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1kg potatoes, cut into wedges
- 150g kalamata olives
- 150g feta
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut 1cm slits into the lamb and place a slice of garlic and a few oregano leaves into each incision.
- Roughly chop remaining oregano and rosemary. Combine with lemon juice, 60ml oil, dried oregano, 2 teaspoons paprika and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place lamb into a large roasting pan and rub with oregano mixture to coat.
- Cover pan with foil and roast lamb for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pan.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss potatoes to coat.
- Place potatoes around lamb in the roasting tray.
- Roast uncovered for a further 40 minutes, basting half way with pan juices.
- Transfer lamb to a plate and loosely cover with foil. Rest for 15minutes.
- Add olives and feta to potatoes. Increase oven to 220 degrees Celsius and roast for a further 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
In just an hour and twenty minutes you should have this scrumptious roast lamb ready to serve. We promise you will enjoy this recipe for your special Easter feast – the flavours are simply incredible. Serve with a fresh cos and bean salad, and the meal will be complete!
Today’s Easter recipe is courtesy of Taste.com.au