Different Ways to Cook Chicken Breast
Chicken breast is one of the leanest sources of protein available, making it the perfect dinner when you’re looking for something healthy. Lots of people think chicken is tasteless and boring. We think they are wrong! It’s all about how you cook the chicken, so here are two tasty recipes to help you enjoy a healthy and delicious meal!
Honey and Apricot Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat a barbecue plate on medium heat.
- Soak apricots in a bowl of boiling water for around 5 minutes before draining them and allowing them to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, make a deep cut along 1 side of each chicken breast to form a large pocket. Be careful that you don’t cut all the way through.
- Place apricots, butter, honey and garlic into a food processor and mix until just smooth.
- Spoon apricot mixture into chicken pockets and secure with 1 or 2 toothpicks. Season your stuffed chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then spray each side with oil.
- Barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and serve thickly sliced.
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 80g soft feta, crumbled
- 4 chicken breasts
- Place half a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once spinach is wilted, remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Squeeze as much excess liquid from the spinach as possible. Using a large knife, coarsely chop the spinach and transfer it to a small bowl. Add the feta and stir to combine well.
- Cut a small pocket in the side of each chicken, being careful not to cut the whole way through.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into each pocket and use toothpicks to secure.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve warm with your preferred sides.
So there you have two tasty and healthy stuffed chicken breast recipes. As long as you choose some healthy sides, you can enjoy these dishes feeling 100% guilt free!
**Today’s recipes are courtesy of Taste.com.au