Different Ways to Cook Pork Cutlets
Pork cutlets are cut from the meat located along a pig’s hip to the shoulder. They can be extremely delicious and tender meat when cooked properly. Below are three quick and easy ways to cook tasty cutlets. We’ve kept these methods extremely simple so feel free to experiment with herbs, spices and any extra flavours.
On the Grill
1. Try to buy cutlets that are around an inch thick (or cut them to this width).
2. Dissolve salt in a large dish of water. If you would like, you can add any spices to the solution. Soak the cutlets and refrigerate.
3. After about 6 hours, remove the pork cutlets from the refrigerator, rinse each cutlet and pat dry.
4. Brush with olive oil to prevent them from losing juices and sticking to the grill.
5. Preheat grill to medium heat and then sear each side for 1-2 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat, cover and slow cook over medium heat for about seven minutes.
7. Remove and let stand for ten minutes before serving.
In the Oven
Roasting is another great way to cook pork cutlets. Not only is it quick and easy, but the pork will be juicy and almost falling off the bone.
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan.
3. Brown the cutlets on both sides at a medium to high heat. Add some salt and pepper to season.
4. Take a casserole dish and butter the bottom before adding the pork chops.
5. Cover and bake for half an hour.
6. Remove from heat and let stand for ten minutes before serving.
1. Warm oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Season the cutlets with salt and pepper.
3. Cook until browned (about 4 minutes each side)
4. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate.
5. Using ingredients of your choice, prepare a brine solution in a deep pan. We recommend tomato paste, bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper and garlic.
6. Cook over medium heat until vegetables start to brown.
7. Add some wine or stock and bring to the boil.
8. Once the brine is boiling, return the cutlets to the pan.
9. Simmer and cook until done.
10. Remove from heat and let stand for about ten minutes before serving.
With these three simple methods, you can enjoy some delicious pork cutlets for dinner in no time at all. So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start cooking!
Sydney’s Finest Quality Pork Cutlets – Fresh & Home Delivered