Different ways to cook pork loin
We’re not sure what you think about pork loin, but we love it! Not only is it a healthy, lean source of protein, but it tastes delicious and makes an incredible roast dinner. Here is one of our favourite recipes – the crackling makes it a little bit naughty, but it’s so delicious that it’s well worth it!
Roast Loin of Pork with Crispy Crackling and Roasted Apples
Ingredients to serve 6:
- 1.7kg boned & rolled loin of pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 small apples, washed and dried
- Extra olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin at roughly 1cm intervals.
- Rub the skin with olive oil and sea salt before placing the pork into a large greased baking dish.
- Place the pork into the oven and roast for roughly 30 minutes before reducing the temperature to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roast the pork for a further 30 minutes at this heat.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray the apples with oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the apples around the pork in the roasting pan.
- Roast apples and pork together for another 30 minutes or until the pork loin is just cooked through and the skin is crispy and golden.
- Transfer the pork and apples to a plate and leave to stand for 10 minutes, loosely covered.
- Slice pork and serve with apples.
We promise that if you like pork, you will love this roast pork recipe! There’s nothing like some crispy crackling and deliciously sweet apples with your pork. Enjoy!
** Today’s recipe is courtesy of Taste.com.au