Easy Family Dinners Part 1
Want something yummy for dinner but too exhausted to cook anything time-consuming? Making a quick dinner that is healthy and enjoyable can be difficult night-after-night. Here’s an easy family dinner recipe that will take under 30 minutes to prepare! Not only is this a quick dinner, it’s healthy too!Chargrilled Chicken with Quick Tomato Chutney
Ingredients (to serve 4)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup instant polenta (aka cornmeal)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add tomatoes, raisins and mixed spice. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chutney is thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat a non-stick frying pan or chargrill over medium heat. Lightly spray both sides of the chicken breast fillets with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken fillets for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Slice chicken crossways. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring skim milk and 4 cups cold water to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan and parsley.
- Spoon polenta onto plates. Top with chicken and tomato chutney to serve.
So there you have a super quick dinner in under 30 minutes. For another easy family dinner, check our blog for part 2 next week!
This fantastically easy family dinner recipe is compliment of Taste.