Easy Family Dinners Part 2
Welcome back! As promised, here is part two of our quick family dinner blog. This easy recipe makes a scrumptious lamb pasta that is so full of flavour, it tastes like it’s been simmering for hours. And because it’s pasta, this family dinner is sure to keep the kids happy! Lamb Feta and Herb Pasta
Ingredients (to serve 4)
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 to 5 anchovies, drained, chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and anchovies. Cook for 1 minute or until anchovies dissolve.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 3 minutes or until mince is browned. Add lemon juice, tomatoes and salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes soften. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and return to pan. Add the mince mixture, feta, mint and parsley. Toss. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
So there you have another easy recipe to use when you’re cooking for the family. Who knew you could have something so delicious prepared in under 30 minutes?
This great family dinner recipe is compliment of Taste.