Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes
If there’s one reason you should be brushing up on all your favourite chicken breast recipes, is because of all the amazing health benefits that chicken breast provides. Packed full of proteins and other important nutrients, with a healthy amount of calories and almost zero fat, the chicken breast is one of the healthiest meat products available. It’s good for the heart, it helps you burn fat, it helps fight cancer – the list goes on and on!
Here are a couple of chicken breast recipes to help get you started:
One of the easiest chicken breast recipes out there, the Chicken Fajitas is easy to prepare and it won’t take up too much of your time.
- 3/4 cup dark Mexican beer
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 500g chicken breast halves, cut into thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 tortillas
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the beer, soy sauce, lime juice, Canola oil, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic into one mix. Stir well.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add 3/4 of the mixture then seal again.
- Reserve remaining mixture.
- Marinate in the fridge for approximately an hour, turning occasionally.
- Combine bell peppers, onion and remaining beer mixture in another plastic bag, then seal.
- Marinate for an hour at room temperature.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the pan and cook on each side until done. Remove from pan.
- From other bag, remove onion and bell peppers.
- Add onion mixture to the pan and cook until tender.
- Toast tortillas in pan.
- On 4 plates, place 2 tortillas each.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among plated tortillas.
- Do the same with the onion mixture.
- Garnish with jalapeño slices.
- Serve with the optional choices, if desired.
Grilled Lemon Chicken
Put some zing in your chicken with this easy to cook grilled lemon chicken recipe.
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned, deboned
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely snipped
- 2 lemons, halved
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Then place bag in a shallow bowl.
- For the marinade, place in a bowl, stir and mix chicken broth, lemon juice, thyme, and pepper.
- Pour marinade into the bag containing the chicken breast, then seal.
- Leave in the fridge for an hour or so. Turn bag occasionally.
- Once that is done, simply drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
- Grill chicken on the rack over medium coal until cooked.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes, baste with marinade.
- Add lemon halves to grill when chicken is nearly done.
- Serve chicken with grilled lemons. Makes 4 servings.