Healthy Chicken Recipes For Summer
With summer just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to get healthy and start shedding some extra winter kilos. Sounds boring? Well the good news is that it doesn’t need to be! There are lots of delicious and exciting meals that you can enjoy while still being healthy. Chicken is a particularly great option for anyone who is watching their weight, as it’s tasty, healthy and also affordable. It’s a great source of protein while also being lean and low in fat. Below is one of our favourite healthy chicken recipes to help get you started on a summer health kick.
Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Ingredients to serve 3:
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Diced Capsicum
- ½ cup crumbled Feta
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 3 large Tomatoes, Seeded And Diced
- 2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Slice the chicken breast into 1cm thick slices.
- Add the chicken stock cubes, the lemon slices and 3 cups of water to a large pot, cover and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the chicken breast and reduce the heat.
- Cover and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, combine the olives, onion, capsicum, feta, cucumber and tomato. Toss to combine and then separate into 3 bowls.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, basic and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken and distribute among the 3 bowls.
- Drizzle each serving with dressing and serve.
So there you have one of our favourite healthy chicken recipes! Not only does it taste great and look after your health and waist line, but it’s also quick and easy to prepare. Try this recipe for an enjoyable and guilt-free summer dinner.