Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
Summer has come once again. For many, this season of sunshine, heat, and a profusion of fresh produce is the perfect time to craft their image. These months are the perfect time to show off glowing health and fit physiques, but the biggest secret of summer beauty is that you can have it any time of year. By eating many of the fresh, nutritious foods you enjoy during the long days of summer, you can steer clear of winter diet doldrums. Salads are an optimum way to provide your body with the high compliment of vitamins, plant sterols from fruits and vegetables, and lean, high-quality protein that can help you remain trim in any season. Try these two tasty and healthy chicken salad recipes this weekend. They’re sure to become year-round favourites.
Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango and Avocado
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- .75 fresh ginger, prepared
- 2 tbsp. fresh limejuice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. mango chutney
4 small chicken breasts (4 oz)
1 c mango, peeled and diced
.75 c avocado, peeled and diced
8 c mixed salad greens of your choice
Combine the first five ingredients, using two tablespoons to spread over chicken, reserving the remainder as dressing. Turn the chicken to coat it evenly before putting it on a hot grill that has been prepared with oil or cooking spray. Cook chicken for approximately four minutes on each side, or until it is done. Let it rest, covering it in foil, while you prepare the salads.
Combine greens, mango, and avocado. Then, slice the chicken across the grain of the meat, arranging it atop the greens. Drizzle the reserved dressing over your salads and dinner is served!
Garbanzo Bean Chicken Salad
- 9 oz. chopped chicken breast. (You can elect to use a prepared, frozen chicken breast, or bake up a couple ahead of time, for this tasty recipe.)
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed to remove excess sodium.
- 1 small cucumber chopped and seeded. This is usually about a single small cucumber.
- .5 c. scallions or green onions, chopped.
- .25 c. chopped basil. Fresh mint can also add a nice flavor, instead.
- .5 c. plain yogurt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1.3 oz feta crumbles. We like the type with black pepper for a great flavor boost!
- 1 lemon quartered.
Simply stir together the first eight ingredients, gently folding in the feta and spinach last. You can serve this delicious, healthy chicken salad tucked into pita pockets, for a perfect beach picnic.
We at Butcherman hope that you find this article useful.
Buy Sydney’s Finest Quality Chicken – Delivered Fresh To Your Door.