Healthy Chicken Sausage Rolls
500g Chicken Breast Mince
1 Carrot, grated
1 Apple, grated
1 Onion, grated
1 Egg, plus one extra egg, lightly beaten
2 heaped teaspoons Wholemeal flour
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Thyme leaves
1 tablespoon Grain mustard
Salt and pepper
3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
Sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking sheets with non stick paper.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the extra egg) in a large bowl until well combined. It’s easiest to do this with your hands.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half so you have 6 rectangles and place on a lightly floured surface. Divide the chicken mixture into 6 equal portions and spoon evenly down the centre of each pastry rectangle.
- Fold one edge of the pastry over the filling, stretching it slightly as you go and tuck it under the chicken mixture slightly. Fold the other pastry edge over the top to form a seam and press down gently to seal. Turn the rolls over so the seam side is down. Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Cut each roll into 5 segments and make a small slit on the tops to prevent them bursting. Arrange on the baking sheets well spaced apart. Cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and brush the tops with beaten egg then bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with your favourite sauce.