Honey Glazed Ham
8-10Kg cooked leg ham
20-25 whole cloves
1/2 cup runny honey
2 tablespoons hot English mustard
60ml dry sherry, rum or orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Using a small sharp knife carefully lift the rind from the fat in one piece. Run your fingers along the join to make it easier to separate the rind. Make sure you leave a good layer of fat.
- Score the white fat in a diamond pattern and press the cloves into the centre of each diamond. Place the ham on a rack or a roasting tray then pour a small amount of water in the base to the glaze dripping and burning into it.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Brush the glaze all over the ham and bake for 30 minutes, basting 3 or 4 times during the cooking, until the ham is golden and sticky. Serve warm, or allow to cool, refrigerate and serve chilled.