How to Cook the Perfect Beef Roast
Do you know how to cook roast beef? Perhaps you’re new to cooking roast beef or you’re looking to perfect your roasting skills? Here’s how to cook roast beef to perfection!Firstly, for the best outcome when you’re cooking roast beef ensure you use good quality meat that is fresh from the butcher.
- 1.5 kg Boneless Rump Roast (an end cut with fat marbling)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove meat from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before cooking. Keep the meat wrapped and allow it to settle to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- With a sharp knife make 8 small incisions around the rump. Place a sliver of garlic into each incision.
- Take a tablespoon of olive oil and spread all around the roast. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast directly on an oven rack, fatty side up, with a drip pan below the roasting rack. This arrangement creates heat flow in the oven, which means you won’t need to turn the roast. Fat side up allows the fats to melt into the rest of the meat.
- Brown the roast at this heat for half an hour, before lowering the heat to 105°C. The roast should take between 2 and 3 hours to cook depending on how well done you like your lamb.
- If you have a meat thermometer, check the inside temperature of the roast once it starts to drip its juices. Pull the roast from the oven when the inside temperature is about 60°C.
- Let the roast rest for at least 15 minutes, tented in aluminium foil to keep warm, before carving to serve.
Cooking roast beef really is that easy! Once you’ve tested out this method out, you’ll never wonder how to cook roast beef again!