Lamb Meatballs Recipe
Looking to try out some delicious lamb meatballs dishes? Well, here are a couple of our recipes we’d highly recommend that you’ll love.
Tasty Lamb Meatballs Recipe
- 500 grams minced lamb
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- ½ tsp ground cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp shredded fresh mint (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 onion (diced)
- A small onion (grated)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 minced garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 400g tin whole tomatoes (strain and chop)
- Salt and ground pepper
Method for the Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add the lamb, carrots, ground cumin, mint in a bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper and continue mixing with your hand.
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Get an oven tray and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Place meatballs in the tray and into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to tomato sauce
Method for the Sauce
- Get saucepan and heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and then the garlic.
- After about 2-3 minutes, stir in the tomato paste and cook for 4 minutes.
- Next add diced tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- When the meatballs are removed from the oven, add them to the sauce
- Cook for 15-20 minutes more on low heat with the lid off.
- Stir occasionally.
Fancy yet Easy Lamb Meatballs Recipe
Ingredients for Lamb Meatballs
- 500 grams minced lamb
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 onion (grated)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Olive oil
Ingredients for Tzatziki
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Method for Tzatziki
- Combine yoghurt, lemon juice and chopped cucumber into a bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap.
Method for the Lamb Meatballs
- Remove bread crust and place bread in a bowl
- Add water to soak the bread for 5 minutes
- Tear the bread.
- Line a tray with some non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the bread mixture with the minced lamb, parsley, onion, oregano, egg and cumin in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Transfer to tray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in fridge to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add some olive oil.
- Cook the meatballs, turning them occasionally, until golden.
- Transfer to a large baking tray and bake until cooked through completely.
- Serve with the tzatziki.