Lemon and Garlic Rack of Lamb
2 garlic bulbs, crushed
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
1kg lamb rack, frenched (3 racks, 4 points
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup boiling water
1 small bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. In a small bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place lamb racks on a large roasting tray and pour over the garlic mixture. Turn the racks to coat completely.
- Roast for 20 minutes for medium rate or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the caster sugar, vinegar, water and half the mint. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until it thickens slightly. Let it sit for 15 minutes to infuse the flavours.
- Strain the leaves from the sauce (they will have discoloured). Stir the remaining fresh mint leaves into the sauce and serve immediately with the lamb.