Mustard Rack Of Lamb With Roasted Tomatoes And Asparagus
2 frenched racks of lamb, 8 chops per rack
4 roma tomatoes, sliced lengthways
balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
For the mustard marinade:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon French mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
For the minted ricotta cream:
150 g ricotta
1/3 cup thickened cream
1/3 cup finely chopped mint
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Place the halved tomatoes on a large baking tray lined with non-stick paper, drizzle with balsamic and olive oil, and season with cracked black pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Then add the asparagus to the baking tray and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the tomatoes and asparagus are soft. Increase oven temperature to 200°C.
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Pat the lamb racks dry with paper towels. Smear each rack with the mustard mixture and place racks in a baking dish. Roast for 20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Cut racks into pairs.
Minted ricotta cream
- Beat together the ricotta and cream until smooth. Add the mint and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, place 2 pairs of lamb chops on warm serving plates and drizzle with any pan juices. Arrange the tomatoes and asparagus on the side and top with the minted ricotta cream. Serve with mashed potato.