Pork Chops for Easter
Since pork chops are a favourite for many, this unique and delicious recipe is a perfect Easter dish! Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s also quick and easy to prepare! We love it with a side of mashed potato, so we have included our favourite mash recipe. The combination of these recipes is simple yet delectable.
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 pork loin chops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Place the breadcrumbs into a separate small bowl and the Parmesan into another small bowl.
- Season the chops with sea salt and pepper before coating them with Parmesan.
- Once nicely coated with parmesan, dip the chops into the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the chops and cook until golden brown, which should take about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve chops with salad and sides of your preference.
Roast Garlic Mashed Potato
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut off the top ½ inch of the garlic and lay the garlic on foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap with foil.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until the garlic has softened completely. Let the garlic cool down before squeezing out the roasted garlic cloves. Then chop them into coarse pieces.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Cover with lid and bring to boil, cooking for 25 minutes over medium heat. Drain the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes, butter, milk/cream, salt and roasted garlic and turn the heat to low.
- Mash the potatoes into the pot and stir. Be careful not to over mix the mashed potatoes.
- Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Stir in chives before serving.
So there you have it, a delicious recipe for pork chops to try this Easter (or anytime really). This recipe is so delicious you and your family will love it. Mashed potato is something that everyone claims to make perfectly – but until you’ve tried this recipe, you haven’t tried anything. Just don’t expect any leftover chops or mash, because we’re quite certain there won’t be any!