Pulled Pork Recipes
Pulled pork dishes are hearty and satisfying meals that are great for the whole family. Two great tasting and easy meals are pulled pork sandwiches and pulled pork fajitas. These two dishes will provide you with a mouth-watering, delicously tender meal that is sure to impress even the fussiest eaters
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Pulled pork sandwiches are enjoyed by many and simple to cook. Using a slow cooker, you’ll have the best tasting sandwich that kids and adults alike are guaranteed to devour.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1.5 kg pork shoulder
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 1 cup thick barbeque sauce
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Slice the pork shoulder into three pieces. Rub each piece with a little bit of salt and place in your slow cooker.
- Mix other ingredients into a bowl. Pour half of the mixture on the bottom layers of the meat in the slow cooker. Add the rest of the pork and cover them with the remaining sauce.
- Set the cooker on low and cover with lid. Allow the meat to cook for 10 hours.
- Remove the meat and separate from the sauce. Put the sauce in a pot and cook for 8 minutes allowing the sauce to come to a boil. Shred the meat while the sauce is boiling. The meat will be very tender and will separate quite easily.
- After shredding the meat, combine the meat and sauce into a bowl or pan and mix together. Use hamburger buns or your favourite type of roll and fill them with the pulled pork.
- Serve with a favourite side such as chips, mashed potatoes, coleslaw and vegetables. Your family will love these mouth watering and tender pulled pork sandwiches.
Pulled Pork Fajitas
For an easier and faster pulled pork meal that will please your family, try making pulled pork fajitas. With this recipe make delicious pork fajitas within 15 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 kg cooked roast pork
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy barbeque sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients excluding the cooked pork. Set heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce your heat to low allowing the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut your cooked pork into slices then shred the slices.
- Add your shredded slices of pork to your sauce.
- Allow meat and sauce to cook until the meat is hot, and stir occasionally.
- Toast tortillas in a dry frying pan until crisp and lightly charred around the edges for about a minute or two. Remove tortillas from pan and place on a separate plate.
- Spoon the shredded pork into the middle of the tortilla and top with desired condiments such as sour cream, shredded cheese, tomatoes, peppers and corriander.
- Fold tortilla and enjoy. This recipe is a simple and delicious meal that has a zesty flavour your family will greatly enjoy.