Quick and Easy Wagyu Beef Recipes
If you haven’t tried Wagyu Beef, you may be wondering what it is and why everyone gets so excited about it. Grown from a particular type of cattle known as Wagyu, this beef is extremely high in marbling, making it full of tasty flavour. If you wish to treat yourself to some delectable gourmet beef, then you must try Wagyu! The beef has so much flavour itself that we tend to like it served simply. Below are two quick and easy Wagyu beef recipes for you to try.
Grilled Wagyu with Mushrooms
This Wagyu beef recipe is simple but delectable! We highly recommend it for your next barbecue with friends. Ready in less than 30minutes, it doesn’t get much easier than this!
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 4 x Wagyu beef rump steaks
- 200g shitake and/or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Remove the steaks from the fridge an hour before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Season them well with salt and pepper before adding them to a pre heated hot grill.
- Cook until done to you liking, or for around 2 minutes each side for medium rare.
- Remove from the heat and rest, covered loosely for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add the mushrooms, garlic and spring onions.
- Stir occasionally until the mushrooms start to soften. Then add the herbs, lime juice and the remaining olive oil.
- Continue cooking for another minute and then remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and then serve with the steaks.
Wagyu Steak Sandwich with Red Wine Onion Jam
This Wagyu beef recipe is super easy to prepare but will definitely have your mouth watering. Make this for your friends and they will love you for it!
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 3 medium-sized red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4x 100g Wagyu beef steaks
- 8 thick slices whole grain bread
- Baby rocket leaves
- Whole egg mayonnaise
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan before adding the onions and cooking until softened.
- Add the wine, honey and vinegar and continue cooking for roughly 15minutes, stirring regularly.
- Once the onions have caramelised, add the olives and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes before removing from the heat. Set aside.
- Heat a grill plate on high heat.
- Meanwhile, cover the steaks with the remaining olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook the beef on the grill plate until done to your liking, then remove them from the heat and set aside.
- Layer some mayonnaise and onion jam onto 4 slices of bread before adding a steak to each. Top with baby rocket leaves and then another slice of bread before serving.
So there you have two tasty Wagyu beef dishes! Both are extremely simple and easy, making them perfect for when you’re having friends over. Whichever Wagyu beef recipe you choose, you and your friends will absolute love the flavours! Enjoy.