Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
We’re sure that you’ll all agree that with winter here there’s nothing better than settling in front of the fire with a delicious warm dinner. When we’re in need of a winter warming recipe, we can’t go past slow cooked meals. Not only is the meat delectably tender, but slow cooked dishes are fantastic for warming you up. Here is one of our favourite slow cooker chicken recipes, it’s seriously delicious and we urge you to try it!
Slow Cooked Chicken with Marsala, Rosemary and Plums
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 x 1kg whole chickens, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup marsala
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 plums, stone removed, halved
- Place the flour on a large plate and season it with salt and pepper. Toss the chicken through the flour mixture to coat and then shake off any excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Cook one third of the chicken for 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally. Once browned, remove the chicken and transfer to a plate. Repeat this process with the rest of the chicken in 2 more batches.
- Heat any remaining oil over medium heat in the same dish before adding the onion and cooking for 10 minutes. Stir regularly and remove once golden.
- Add the marsala and then bring to a simmer, using a wooden spoon to remove any bits that have cooked onto the base.
- Add the chicken, stock, vinegar and rosemary and then bring to a simmer before covering. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the plums and then cook for another 15 minutes or until they have softened.
- Lastly skim any fat from the surface before serving among plates.
So there you have a delicious slow cooker chicken recipe! When you’re next in the mood for a cosy night in with a warming winter dinner, this is the perfect dish to cook!
**Today’s Slow Cooker Chicken recipe is courtesy of Taste.com.au