Steak Marinades: Part 1
Cooking a perfect steak requires practice, but when it’s good- it’s bloody brilliant! A good marinade can often mean the difference between an incredibly succulent and flavoursome steak an average one. Here are some marinade recipes that are bound to please.
Balsamic vinegar and Dijon Mustard Marinade
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Dijon mustard and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Marinate steaks for at least 2 hours for best results.
Worcestershire Sauce and Herb Marinade
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
• 3 tablespoons dried basil
• 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
• 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
• 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)
1. Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender.
2. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired.
3. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
4. Pour marinade over meat. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.