Thai Chicken Curry
This Thai chicken curry recipe is packed with flavour. Bringing the classic Thai flavours to life, this Thai chicken curry recipe is a great tasting meal that sure to satisfy all year round.
- 1kg of chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 brown onion chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3cm grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- I cup Jasmine rice
- In a medium frying pan or wok add oil to a medium heat. Add ginger, onions, and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cut chicken to the pan and stir to mixture.
- Combine coconut milk, water, and chicken stock and stir into curry. Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar in a separate bowl then add to curry.
- Chop coriander and mint and add to curry.
- Reduce heat to low and allow curry and chicken to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook rice in a separate pot.
- Plate rice and add curry. Top with left over mint and add a splash of lime. Enjoy this exotic dish that is satisfying as it is flavourful.