The Perfect Roast Chicken
A perfectly roasted chicken with all the delicious sides is one of the best home cooked meals you can have! So how do you cook the perfect roast chicken? One of the most important tips to remember is to always purchase free range chickens. If you’re wondering why, there are numerous reasons! Not only are they free of harmful chemicals and hormones, but they are also much tastier! Here is a delicious roast chicken recipe to help you out – Lemon and Thyme Roast Chicken.
- 1.8 kg whole chicken
- 3 lemons
- 1 bulb garlic, halved crossways
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C. Wash the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with some fresh paper towel.
- Place chicken, breast-side down, in a roasting pan. Cut 1 lemon into quarters and place it into the cavity.
- Cut the remaining lemons in half and arrange them around the chicken. Also place the garlic and half the thyme sprigs around chicken.
- Add stock to pan, place remaining thyme on top of the chicken and drizzle with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken for 75 minutes before turning chicken breast-side up. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden and juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Cover loosely with foil and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
There you go! With this fantastic roast chicken recipe, you can have a family meal on the table in just over 90 minutes. Your family will love you for it!
This roast chicken recipe is courtesy of Taste.com.au