Wagyu Beef Burger Recipes
Wagyu beef make for fantastic burgers – and if you haven’t had one then you’re really missing out! Wagyu beef is considered one of the tastiest meats, so we’ve put together a few of our favourite recipes you can try out at home!
Wagyu beef tastes delicious primarily because of the Wagyu’s higher fat content. Densely marbled, Wagyu beef is sometimes referred to as white beef because of the fat marbling of the meat. Wagyu cattle was raised exclusively in Kobe, Japan but has since been raised elsewhere because of its popularity.
Wagyu Burger Sliders
- 20 miniature burger buns
- 1 kg Wagyu beef (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 small bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 large onion
- 3 brown onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup aioli
- 20 small slices of cheddar cheese
- Drizzle of grape seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the mini burger buns in half.
- Take the large onion and finely dice it before frying it.
- Prepare patties mixture by combining minced Wagyu beef, fried onion, eggs, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper before mixing well.
- Roll the patties mixture into 20 50-gram balls.
- Flatten slightly and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take the brown onion, drizzle with grape seed oil.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Fry onions until caramelised and crispy. Around 20-25 minutes.
- On the BBQ grille, cook the patties.
- Before the patties is cooked on the second side, top with cheese.
- For the canapés, slather the bases of the burger buns with aioli.
- Add patties, cheese, and some caramelised onions.
- Top with burger bun and enjoy!
Wagyu Beef Burger
- 800 grams wagyu beef (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium brown onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated fresh horseradish (or 1 tbsp bottled horseradish)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 sourdough bread rolls
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce
- 150 ml sour cream
- 2 medium beetroot
- Separate the leaves of the lettuce, set aside.
- Roast the medium beetroot. Peel and slice when done.
- Preheat your barbecue (or grill) to high.
- Combine minced Wagyu beef, eggs, onion, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix and season well.
- Divide patties mixture into four, then make four burger patties.
- Grill patties on both sides.
- Combine cream and horseradish.
- Cut bread rolls in half and toast on the grill.
- Fill the bread rolls with beetroot, lettuce and patties.
- Add a few spoonfuls of horseradish and sour cream for good measure.
- Serve and enjoy.