Wagyu Steak Sandwich Recipe
If you’re a fan of Wagyu beef, then there is no tastier sandwich than a Wagyu steak one! The trick to perfecting a Wagyu beef sandwich is to keep the ingredients simple, as the beef itself is already nice and flavoursome. Try this Wagyu beef recipe for one of the tastiest lunches you’ve ever tried!
Wagyu Beef Steak Sandwich
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 Wagyu beef rump steaks
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- 80g baby rocket
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat a barbecue plate and grill on medium heat.
- Place the onion and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and toss to combine before adding it to the barbecue plate.
- Cook the onion for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Once golden, remove the onion and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush the steaks with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks for 2 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Once done, remove and cover to keep warm.
- Slice the bread into 4 pieces and cut in half lengthways. Grill both sides of the bread for 30 seconds or until toasted to your liking.
- Spread the garlic mayonnaise over the bread and top with rocket, tomato, steak and onion.
So there you have a simple and easy Wagyu beef recipe! Not only does this recipe take no time at all, but it’s also super delicious. As we mentioned earlier, Wagyu is a flavoursome beef and therefore best served simply, so we recommend you keep to these basic ingredients. Enjoy!
**Today’s Wagyu beef recipe is courtesy of Taste.com.au