Wasabi Chicken Noodle Patties
100g vermicelli rice noodles
500g chicken mince
4-5 kaffir lime leaves, centre stem removed and finely sliced
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 bunch coriander, leaves, stems and roots finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 lime, juiced
2 teaspoons wasabi
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons peanut oil, for pan frying
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water until softened (about 15 minutes). Drain and roughly chop into shorter lengths.
- Add the rice noodles and all the remaining ingredients except the peanut oil to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. It’s best to use your hands for this.
- With wet hands shape the mixture into 8 even patties and chill, covered, for 30 minutes to firm them up. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Heat a large frying pan and add half the peanut oil. Fry 4 of the patties for 2-3 minutes each side and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
- Place in the oven to finish cooking (about 15-20 minutes). Serve with salad or steamed vegetables and extra wasabi on the side.