Many Australians are becoming more conscious of the importance of rational eating habits. A healthy lifestyle vital factors are well balanced, nutritious diet and regular exercise. Fish and other seafood may be humankinds most important food. Sea foods like prawns, crabs, squid and octopus are packed with vitamins, minerals and salmon or cod contains fish oils. Millions of people around the world rely on seafood as their primary source of protein.
Seafood provides more protein than cattle, sheep, or poultry worldwide. Fish also contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals including vitamins A and D, phosphorus, magnesium, and selenium. Although seafood contains cholesterol, it’s actually high in saturated fats (like the one’s found in red meat and fast food) that increase levels of bad cholesterol in the body. So seafood is not likely to have a considerable effect on your blood cholesterol levels.
Seafood has a lot of health benefits and so as risks? There are many reasons why seafood is good for the health. It provides a good source of protein, but contains less fat than other animal protein sources. Seafood is also low in cholesterol which is essential for heart health. Studies shows that omega-3 fatty acids, found abundantly in seafood, have health benefits, such as improved infant brain development and protection against heart disease and stroke.
One of the major seafood health benefits comes from their abundance of Omega-3s, these are a type of polyunsaturated fat and are essential nutrients that play many critical roles in our bodies. And our body cannot make these just like most vitamins and minerals. The long-chain omega-3s found in seafood benefit everyone’s health. Studies has shown that regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the risk of developing Macular Disease. There’s not just one Omega-3s, there are many of them that we need to keep in mind.
As per risks, there are seafood that has high level in mercury. Mercury is particularly dangerous for pregnant women and small children, because it can affect brain development. Eating raw seafood may contain common bacteria known as Listeria, which may cause serious illness. It is best recommended to stay away from seafood if you are pregnant or be responsible with seafood consumption. Always prepare healthy and sustainable food choices by choosing seafood that is sourced sustainably and low in mercury.
Learn more about each product Butcherman offers
- A Perfect Surf n' Turf
- Are Sausages unhealthy?
- Are Turkey Burgers healthier than beef?
- BBQ, Healthy Grilling
- Best way to BBQ meat
- Cooking Rules to Maintain Nutritional Value in Vegetables
- Cuts of Steak That Are High-Protein
- Daily consumption of lean beef helps lower blood pressure?
- Don't overcook your chicken. Make it moist.
- Dry Aging Beef
- Dry and Semi Dry Sausages
- Duck vs Chicken
- Grain Fed Meat v Grass Fed Meat
- Grass Fed Beef
- Grass Fed Meat/Grass Fed Pastured Meat
- Health Benefits of Eating Offal
- Health Benefits of eating Seafood
- How to make chicken breasts tender?
- Is Beef good for you?
- Is Chicken good for you?
- Is eating duck healthy?
- Is eating meat good for you?
- Is Pork good for you?
- Is Red Meat hard for the body to digest?
- Is Smoked Ham good for you?
- Is Tenderloin fatty or not?
- Is Your Ground Beef Safe?
- Kangaroo meat, a healthy alternative
- Kobe or Wagyu?
- Lamb Roast
- Marinating Meat in Beer for Healthier Grilling
- No Meat - Iron-Rich Food Combos
- Nutrients of raw and cooked meat
- Organic Meat
- Organic vs Conventional Chicken
- Red Meat vs White Meat
- Seafood and Fish BBQ for the healthy you
- Technique to getting the meat to fall apart?
- The difference between Organic and Non-organic
- Thoughts on WHO Meat Cancer Study
- Trick to browning meat
- Unfreezing a turkey
- Veal Is a Great Meal
- Venison a fantastic alternative to Beef
- What makes pork so suitable for curing?
- What your choice of cut of Steak says about you?
- What’s in your meatballs?
- Which Is the Leanest and Healthiest: Pork or Chicken?
- Why all butchers need to become Online Butchers
- Why Eat Game Meat?
- Why is lamb meat healthy?
- Why re-freezing already defrosted food is not good
- Why you should buy meat from a butcher?